Thursday, December 24, 2009

What if I throw my 'dry clean only' blazer in the washer/dryer?

Will it ruin it? What will happen? It's 100% poly shell and lining.What if I throw my 'dry clean only' blazer in the washer/dryer?
I've washed dry clean only jackets and blazers in the washer on gentle. Some have been ruined and others come out just fine, a lot depends on the construction and the fiber. In your case, the fact that it is 100% synthetic fiber means that it is not likely to shrink. If the lining is the shiny, thin, satiny type of finish, these often shred mostly due to the spin cycle. That is not to say that you cannot wash it however. If you use the gentle cycle and remove the garment before the spin cycle you can prevent the damage. I often pull the garment wet, lay it out on a thick terry towel and roll squeezing the water out of the garment as I go. I then use the rack installed in my dryer that allows the drum to spin while the garment lays flat and use the air only cycle to dry it. Usually, this takes a very long time and I check the garment often, flipping it so that the back and front dry evenly.What if I throw my 'dry clean only' blazer in the washer/dryer?
Eskie is right, you probably could hand wash it or even gentle cycle wash it, but no dryer. What I've found even with washable jackets is the lining stretches a bit.





Of course cold water. Have you considered the dry cleaning bags you pop into your dryer..........what is it........Dryel??
Go ahead.


You will end up with a nice new blazer for your Barbie.
You might get away with it. I have. OR it might shrink or fall apart. I've had that happen, too.
  • powder foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment