Sunday, December 20, 2009

How do i get tar out of clothing. And for that matter, How to clean the tar out of my washer?

I worked for a paving company for month. I ruined a lot of jeans and had to throw them out, but my carhartt i don't to let go of it yet. There's tar on the sleeves and on the front pockets. Please help...How do i get tar out of clothing. And for that matter, How to clean the tar out of my washer?
Try some WD-40 spray...How do i get tar out of clothing. And for that matter, How to clean the tar out of my washer?
hi, to remove from washing machine wipe the area in linseed oil wait a few minutes for the tar to soften then wipe with a clean cloth.


To removed from fabric rub the area with red diesel then wash.
go to an auto parts store, like Pep Boys. they sell a tar remover in a spray bottle and in a regular bottle. It takes some elbow grease, but works.
Simple Green and patience. I had to remove a type of sealing tar, similar to roofing tar, and #6 fuel oil from my Carhartts. I found peeling the heavy tar off and pretreating them with pure Simple Green works. I have also soaked them in a bucket with a 50/50 mix of water and Simple Green to take out really thick stuff. If I soak them, I usually double rinse them to remove all of the soap.
  • powder foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment