Thursday, December 24, 2009

My washer has mold in it somewhere. How do I get it out?

I moved into a new apartment a few months ago, and I think the washer has mold in it. I can't see any, but it smells terrible, maybe like mildew or something. Is there any bleach or chemical I can run through it to clean it out? I can't even stand shutting the windows in the laundry room, the smell is so strong...My washer has mold in it somewhere. How do I get it out?
fill the washer all the way to the top with warm to hot water, pour in about 2 cups of bleach, let it run though the cycle, then open the lid and let it dry out, shutting the lid just helps the mold grow. If it still smells like that run it though again.My washer has mold in it somewhere. How do I get it out?
weird. maybe a small animal (like a mouse) crawled up in a pipe or something...that happened to a friend of mine in her dryer, or maybe it was her heater-something-or-other... you should have a professional come and look at it because mold in a washer is very strange indeed.
Run it through its cycle with a couple of cups of bleach in it. When it fills to rinse add a couple of cups of vinegar.


This may have to be done a couple of times- depending how bad it is. You may even try adding some salt to the water (a mild abrasive)


When its all clean remember to always leave the lid open when its not in use.
You purchase Caustic Soda(watch your hands), and mix with hot water, and flush it through washer.If you fill bowl with say a gallon of hot water,plus two large tablespoons of the soda, and put it on wash cycle, it should flush through.Good Luck!
try just filling it up with your detergent and bleach and letting it run empty

No comments:

Post a Comment