Sunday, December 20, 2009

How can I fix a windshield washer fluid reservoir leak?

I think that I can see where it's leaking. The car is a 16 yo Mercedes 300E (1991), Is there any kind of caulking or sealing material I can buy from an auto parts store? Can you recommend a specific item/brand name?How can I fix a windshield washer fluid reservoir leak?
Really the best thing to do is to replace the unit. Check with the salvage yards for another.How can I fix a windshield washer fluid reservoir leak?
Find a used one if you can, gluing plastic usually doesn't work well. But, if you are going to glue it anyway (like I always do) get a two part epoxy that can be used on plastics.
Make sure it is clean and dry the use plain old silicone and forget it the hole/crack will be completly sealed and repaired as soon as the silicone drys. Just make sure you have it squeezed / pressed into the opening.
it's called seal all you may have to put a few coats on it comes in a yellow tube. if you cant find this then use silicone.good luck
  • powder foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment