Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is there a way to test if a color will run in the washer from a shirt I plan to wash?

I don't want it to stain other clothes.Is there a way to test if a color will run in the washer from a shirt I plan to wash?
Best to set the dye by adding a cup of salt or white vinegar to the cold water rinse water the first time you launder the garment. Then, it will never bleed on to other garments. If you do the soaker test (soak it in lukewarm water) for an hour and it does shed dye, you have lightened the color of the garment anyways.Is there a way to test if a color will run in the washer from a shirt I plan to wash?
I agree with the first answer I usually wash the clothing first.
its right . soak it first in any sink to see that it gives out the colour or not .


I heard that better to wash these kinds of clothes in cold water . it reduces the risk of run out of colour.
Wash it with something white. If it does bleed rewash in some vinegar, you'll have to wash it a couple more times to get the vinegar smell out but that will seal the color in. Yes, this is what we women do all day.
Wash it by itself the first time or with another old towel or somthing you dont mind ruining.
Yes, Soak first in lukewarm water. If the dye run麓s , then wash on it麓s own. Better hand wash. I once had a shirt that said on the label , wash with similar colors, But the color came out and stained the other clothes
Add a little salt to water will not run.
pre wash in cold water first this always helps me
If your worried - don't take the risk.


Wash the shirt in cold water with some salt to set the dye.


Wash the shirt by itself when doing this.


When dye is set by this method wash with other stuff it should be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment