Thursday, December 24, 2009

I need to get ';rid'; of an old washer and dryer. Who could I contact to remove them from my home?

I am 84 years old and can not afford to pay someone very much. Would someone take them for scrap metal? They are not in working


order and I am selling my house so they need to go....I need to get ';rid'; of an old washer and dryer. Who could I contact to remove them from my home?
Yes! Metal is of high value right now. If you scrap them you will be paid for the weight of the metal. Call several junk yard dealers and inquire. Also, if you can open the fronts of the machines and get into the base of them, you might be likely to find some change. Our old washer had $15 worth of coins hidden in it when we scraped it!


pI need to get ';rid'; of an old washer and dryer. Who could I contact to remove them from my home?
call your local appliance dealer (sears comes to mind). usually they'll take them away for a small fee. those appliances aren't something you can leave out for public trash to remove due to the motor components, they have to be ';recycled';.
call local appliance dealers.





Lots of dealers rebuild the used units and resell them as refurbished, and would be more than happy to remove them from your house for FREE!





It wont take long either. I bet the first or second place you call will agree to come get them for you!
There are junk dealers that will take these things. If you want to trust me, tell me what town you live in and I will search for you and email the list to you.
Try the DAV (Disabled American Veterans). They take appliances, working or not.
Call your trash collection agency and they may set up a date for you to put them out to be picked up, for a fee of course.
eat them
put it on craigslist. It should probably last... maybe 30 minutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment