Sunday, December 20, 2009

If I wash my dogs bedding will the hair stay in my washer/dryer?

I have a pug and as we all know pugs shed alot, I need to wash her blankents which are also full of her hair, but I was wondering if the hair will stay in my washer and dryer.If I wash my dogs bedding will the hair stay in my washer/dryer?
The hairs will go into the mesh filter in your dryer so you can clean them out, in the washer they tend to get washed out with the water, if there are a few left in you can just wipe them out.


Although if you shake out the bedding before putting in the washer then you will remove the loose hairs and have less in the washer.


I have two Labs that shed a lot, and always wash their bedding, and I don't have a problem with hairs left behind.If I wash my dogs bedding will the hair stay in my washer/dryer?
Proabably not... Take outside and give a good shake... If they are really embedded you can hang and beat with broom to remove more dust and hair...





alternatively you can vacumn the bedding or go over it with LINT roller stuff or damp sponge to remove most of hair. I still hit with broom anyway.





Then wash (you can take to laundromat and wash in the huge washers...)





But at any rate it shoudl wash fine you can run rinse cycle afterwards in empty washer.





Dry checking and emptying lint filter if needed 1/2 way through drying . Wipe down dryer inside with damp rag.





Brush the dog daily and maybe check out some of the shed reducing products on the store shelf.
When I wash my boston terriers blankets I don't usually find hair in the washer but there is a ton on the lint catcher in the dryer. Shake them out really good before the wash and before the dryer, then afterwards as well.
Shake off as much as you can out side, then wash and dry it. I have a lint catcher thing in my washer, and of course we both have one in our dryers...so clean both out and I bet you'll do just fine.





Good luck!!!
Shake them out outside as much as you can first and then put them in the machine. You'll most likely have to wipe down the insides of the machine afterward but that only takes a couple minutes with a damp cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment