Sunday, December 20, 2009

I have a leaky bath room faucet that I have replaced the washer and seat and it still leaks.?

It's a Price Pfister H49-228 Bedford Widespread Lavatory Faucet . Could there be a crack in the faucet it self? I tried replacing the washer and seat 2 more times and the leak just gets worse.I have a leaky bath room faucet that I have replaced the washer and seat and it still leaks.?
what happens is once the seal goes bad people tighten the valve too tight and that stretches the threads on the valve, replace itI have a leaky bath room faucet that I have replaced the washer and seat and it still leaks.?
Well the plumber came and fixed it. To my embarrassment I didn't tightened the seat as well as I should have.


Harry Report Abuse

Is there an ';o'; ring in the faucet that you can replace? If so try that.
try using the Teflon tape one the threads that stoped my leak
buy a new faucet
why should we answer? cause you won't bother giving a thumbs up or best answer!
Have you tried wrapping the thread with teflon tape?
There is a possibility you are right the seat housing (the part the seat screws into) is cracked.

No comments:

Post a Comment