Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can you put a plastic chew jerky container in the dish washer?

Will it melt or should I be fine?





My friend left it empty at my house and I want to use it for other storing uses, and I don't want it to smell like jerky.Can you put a plastic chew jerky container in the dish washer?
Been there and done that. They melt and I am not sure if it is just because my dishwasher heats up the water to 140 degrees or if it was because I forgot to change the dry cycle temperature to air dry. But, I do reuse the jerky containers. Simply wash the jerky oils out of it with regular dish soap, then fill it with one of the following: 2/3 cup baking soda or borax and the rest water, 2/3 cup vinegar and the rest water, about 1/4 cup activated charcoal, or stuff it with wadded up newspaper. Put the lid on it and let it sit for a couple of days, all of those items absorb odor but sometimes it takes up to a week so lift the lid and if the smell is still there, leave it longer. I wash them again with soapy water in the sink after treatment and it is ready to use.Can you put a plastic chew jerky container in the dish washer?
The drying cycle would probably distort it.
Why don't you just wash it in the sink with Dawn and water, and let it air dry?

No comments:

Post a Comment