Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I remove a sheet caught under rotating unit of GE Heavy Duty Washer?

I have a sheet caught under the rotating piece in the middle of my washing machine. I can't seem to force it out, so I was hoping to remove the piece so I can take the sheet out. Any ideas how to do it?





The model is GE Six Cycle Washer - Heavy Duty Large Capacity Washing Machine.How do I remove a sheet caught under rotating unit of GE Heavy Duty Washer?
At the top of the agitator is a cap. Under it is a nut. Loosen the nut and pull up the agitator.How do I remove a sheet caught under rotating unit of GE Heavy Duty Washer?
If you can find the booklet that came with your washer, there is an


800 phone number for GE customer service. If you call that number, they can give you information about removing the agitator in the center of your machine. Otherwise, call a GE parts department near where you live.





Generally they life off the center post, and that should free the sheet that is caught underneath.
Steve is 99% correct. If not there will be two indentations three or four inches down from the top of the rotating piece. push them in and the unit will pull up.

No comments:

Post a Comment