Sunday, December 20, 2009

Should a contractor be responsible for allotting for the space for the hose and vent for a washer and dryer?

I provided a contractor with the dimensions for my new washer and dryer prior to his constructing my laundry room. He built the laundry room based on the dimensions provided by Whirlpool; however he did not allow room for the hose for the washer and the venting for the dryer. He is now saying that Whirlpool or myself should have included the measurements or a cut out for the hose and vent. Consequently, he wants to cut out spaces for the vent and hose as he built them based on the dimensions provided by Whirlpool and that legally, he does not have to knock down the wall and rebuild. I think as a professional he should have allotted for the hose and vent. At the cost of $35,000 for a remodeling project and an error on his behalf; I feel he should be responsible for tearing down the wall and rebuild. HELP I HAVE ENTERED INTO CONTRACT HELL!Should a contractor be responsible for allotting for the space for the hose and vent for a washer and dryer?
Our opinions are just that. I agree with you that the contractor should have allowed the extra space but I don't think it will matter. You may have to take him to court and let the judge decide.Should a contractor be responsible for allotting for the space for the hose and vent for a washer and dryer?
I have learned to assume nothing, If it is not in the Specifications,blueprints you signed off on I think you are left holding the hose....Sorry
I would say Whirlpool should have included how much room those hoses would need, and as a professional, your contractor should fix the problem (as it says he is) the best way he can. Tearing down a wall is a bit of an extreme solution, but i dont know all the details.
  • powder foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment