Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can I still file a claim against Maytag for my Neptune washer?

My Maytag washer won't lock and therefore won't spin. I've found that they've been sued but I think all claims had to be in by Aug. 2005. Any help or ideas in getting this fixed?Can I still file a claim against Maytag for my Neptune washer?
call their customer service and see what they have to say. you cant sue everytime something goes bad. SH--- happensCan I still file a claim against Maytag for my Neptune washer?
I can`t imagine where you`d get by attempting to sue them . If it won`t lock and spin , call them and they`ll fix it . What more do feel you`re entitled to and why ?





If you go ahead and sue them , more than likely the best you can hope for regarding a decision in your favor is that they`ll be told to fix your problem , possibly at no charge to you .





But you`ll have the lawyer`s and court expenses to pay . The only way you might be able to sue them for that is if you phoned them to fix the problem , and they refused , which is highly unlikely .





To get any more out of them , you`d have to PROVE you suffered a physical/monetary loss because of the problem . You`d be required to show doctor and hospital bills etc .





If you haven`t suffered such losses , what do you expect the court to give you ? Damages for psychological stress because you had to use the laundromat ? ................. Not very likely !





In case you didn`t know , Maytag went belly up approximately a year or so ago , and the company was bought out by Whirlpool Corporation. How this might affect legitimate claims I have no idea .





Save yourself time , money and headaches .............. call them to fix the problem and pay for the part and service call if you have to . Believe me , it`s the quickest and cheapest solution in this case .





The lid lock assembly is warranted for one year from date of purchase , so it`s out of warranty anyways , unless there was a recall of the original lid locks due to a defective manufacturing problem .
I spent half a zillion dollars on Neptune washer and dryer too. I'll never buy Maytag again, they have done nothing but give me a run around since I bought them. I have had so many problems with this set I can't even remember them all. They are just way, way ,way overpriced junk and it will ruin their credebility and reputation as a good company. I wish I had some help to offer you but my experiance tells me they just don't care anymore.
We had the same problem. It was a wonderful machine -- when it worked (which wasn't long). When we found out the problem with the door was connected to the computer on the panel, we went to a local appliance store and bought a simple Fridgidaire low flow washing machine which was discounted at the time because new models had already come in, for very little money (considering how much the Neptune cost us). We were so disgusted with the Maytag that we had them take the machine away and do whatever they wanted with it when they delivered the new Fridgidaire front loader.





We love our simple machine. After we got it, and I was still getting usede to the dials -- I messed up and machine locked-up. Called the store. The man told me just to unplug the machine and if it resets itself, problem is solved. I did,. It was.

No comments:

Post a Comment