Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's the best cleaner to use to clean the inside of your washer?

I dilute liquid laundry soap to wash it. I use a wash cloth that I am about to throw into the laundry anyway, too. I clean the outside of the washer this way first, but I also clean the inside if there is visible dirt left behind from the previous load of laundry.





Generally, the inside of the washing machine cleans itself while it is washing your laundry. Your clothes work as one big washcloth, lathered with your laundry soap. But the outside (specifically, the lid) is another story鈥攊t can get wet (usually from stain-removing spray) and then dirt clings to it. I clean the lid, or the outside of the machine, frequently, but the inside if it appears dirty (from an especially filthy load of laundry that I just washed, for example).





Since I use liquid laundry soap, I dab a washcloth in the little cup I use to measure the liquid, then I wet it with water and agitate it to get it lathered up. This is what I use to clean the washing machine mainly because I think of it as appropriate for the job. Besides that, after the rag is dirty, I can put it in the wash with my other laundry.





I would not be likely to clean the rag along with my other wash if I used a chemical to clean the machine. I would worry about how a chemical might affect my next load of laundry, especially since one of my kids has sensitive skin.What's the best cleaner to use to clean the inside of your washer?
why would you want to clean the inside of your washer that has just gotten done washing with soap and hot water and rinsing with clear water? it's already clean. But hey, if you want to get rid of soap scum you surely could use something like windex.What's the best cleaner to use to clean the inside of your washer?
Baking soda or vinegar
Hate to answer you with another question, but what made it dirty? What substance are you trying to remove? This will determine what chemicals you need to use.
Vinegar. Through a cup of white vinegar in the wash or run an empty cycle with it.
use 1/2 cup bleach and reg amt of lsundrt detergent. If you have old cleaning rags, you can wash them while you are cleaning, if not just run a wash load empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment