Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is there any way to keep white clothes white in a well water operated washer?

My washer at home has recieved negligence from my poor well water situation, I obviously need a super-powered watersoftener. Although, I was hoping someone out there could enlighten me on how to keep my white clothes rust-free? This should be interesting...Is there any way to keep white clothes white in a well water operated washer?
Iron out works best.Is there any way to keep white clothes white in a well water operated washer?
Most grocery and hardware stores carry a product called ';RIT'; Rust Remover'; to put in your washing machine with your clothes and soap etc. that takes the red out. The other thing you can do is treat the well yourself { assuming its a private well } by opening to cap and pooring a gallon of bleech directly into the well. Put the cap back on and wait 4-8 hrs before runing water. Then flush the well and lines for an hour or so before resuming normal use.
I put a water filter on the intake hoses for the washer and it helped 100% You can get it at the hardware store.
There is a product call 'iron out' just make sure that none of the clothes have colors on them because it will faid colors.
Iron out, dissolve in hot water before you add to washer. Directions R on back of box. Stinks but you'll love the results

No comments:

Post a Comment