Thursday, January 7, 2010

I am attempting to hook up my washer in my new house and have a question.?

I have no idea which connection on the back of the washer is for hot and which is for cold. I have lost the manual. Can anyone help out?I am attempting to hook up my washer in my new house and have a question.?
On the washing machines that I have hooked up the inlets have always been marked with writing or color code, red for hot and blue for cold. It it in sot marked just hook them up set the machine for hot or cold and if the opposite temperature incurs just switch the hoses. This will not harm the machine.I am attempting to hook up my washer in my new house and have a question.?
Should have red and blue connectors. Red = hot
Look for an H or C stamped into the metal above or below the connections.
look at the bracket that the hoses attach they are normally stamped if not ,the top hose is usually the cold ,but no worries turn the washer to cold hook up the hoses itn any order if the connection is correct cold water will start to fill if not reverse the hoses
alot of times the 'H' is cut right into the sheet metal and if your not aware of this you may be looking right at it and not see it. other wise just hook it up and with nothing in it, run a load with it set on hot. if it doesn't get hot just switch the hoses
If you have two inlets, the one with the red dot, or marked as H, will be for the hot water feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment