Thursday, January 7, 2010

My house was built in early 1950. The drain hole for my washer is 1'; and too small for the new drain hose.

I had to replace my washer and the new drain hose is larger than the 1'; drain hole pipe. It is made of flexible plastic, so a hose clamp won't work on it. Any suggestions?My house was built in early 1950. The drain hole for my washer is 1'; and too small for the new drain hose.
The newer washers have much more powerful pumps and need a larger discharge hose and piping. Code has been changed to 2'; discharge piping for washers from the old 1-1/2';. You may need to replace the pipe that the hose goes into. You can find the washer hook-up fixtures at Home Centers.My house was built in early 1950. The drain hole for my washer is 1'; and too small for the new drain hose.
home depot should have a reducer collar get the measurements of both pipes go and get the collar,the new code will not affect you your house is over 50 yrs old talk t.m.i.

No comments:

Post a Comment