Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is HE detergent and will it ruin my washer?

I accidentally bought Tide High Efficient detergent and I have one of those old washing machines. I read the label and it said it's made for HE washers. Would it ruin my washer or clothes if I used it?





I'd rather not return it if I don't have too. Thanks in advance.What is HE detergent and will it ruin my washer?
HE stands for High Effiiciency detergent what it is; is an highly concentrated detergent it should not ruin your toploading washer but you should be aware that if using this type of detergent you would need to use the same amount of detergent that is recommended on the box for high efficiency models, don't use more as this could potentially ruin your machine and your plumbing it will not ruin your clothes but would recommend an extra rinse for your clothes as it could make some fabrics stiff as the toploading machine would not rinse out the detergent enough as a front loader would Good Luck !What is HE detergent and will it ruin my washer?
Your Welcome and thank you for choosing my answer as best Report Abuse

It will actually be good for your washer. well It might Not clean quite as well as the usual toploader stuff but it is still sufficient for washing your clothes. It can be used in the watersaving toploaders so theres no harm done using it in a regular agitator washer. maybe use a tiny bit more for best results.
It will be fine. I have a big container of Sears HE.





I have use it few sometimes. Just use one cap or one scoop full is fine.





They work the same.





The different is the amount of suds.

No comments:

Post a Comment