Thursday, January 7, 2010

How can I wash my clothes without a washer?more info please help!!!?

It now too late to go to the basement. i have this shirt and a sweater i need to wash. ill wash it by hand(used to that since my country in the old days) so how can i wash it?or what should i use on it thank you soo much..How can I wash my clothes without a washer?more info please help!!!?
The bathtub is a good place. If you can not bend over good, sitting in a chair is good.


Your regular soap will do.


Hanging them on the curtain rod will do and some towels under the floor under what hangs over.


Or the kitchen sink will do.


You have to swish them real good in the rinse water to get the soap out.How can I wash my clothes without a washer?more info please help!!!?
I hand wash certain shirts all the time because the washer may ruin them. I wash them in the bathroom sink basin. I take a sponge and quickly clean the sink itself. I close the drain and add laundry detergent and swish the item in there and let it soak an hour or so. I rinse it thoroughly and then hang it on one of those special hangers they use for hanging wet items.... you can get in bed bath %26amp; beyond. It has a thick top so it won't get hanging marks. Even better is getting a drying rack you can put across your tub, but that can be a pain in the neck.





I keep a small bottle of laundry detergent in my upstairs bathroom that I transferred from my big bottle downstairs.





It comes in handy for stains too. My son's will get ketchup on their shirt and I put a tiny amount of laundry detergent on the stain and rub it off right away so it doesn't set in.





If you don't have laundry detergent upstairs yet you can use dishwashing detergent or shampoo, but I wouldn't use hand soap or it will leave a scum. RINSE even more thoroughly if using any of these.
Take a clean bucket and baby shampoo or dish soap and lukewarm water and mix in the bucket. Use one quick squirt of either soap and if you feel you need more soap, add more. Put the clothing in the bucket and dunk the clothing up and down several times and then leave to soak for a few minutes (3 to 5) and then dunk up and down several more times. Dump out the soapy water and allow the water to run into the bucket while you begin rinsing the items out in cool, clear water. Dunk the clothing into the water until no more soap appears in the water. Squeeze, don't wring, the clothes out. Take a couple of clean bath towels, lay one item on each towel and then roll the item up in the towel to get rid of the excess water. Hang to dry or put in dryer.
Aaa, you might try using soap and water. Then you might try rinsing it in water.
Shampoo works quite well when hand washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment